DESIGN AGENT - SKY ORTIZ
ROLE - LEAD UX & VISUAL DESIGNER / PROTOTYPER
The design team was asked to conceptualize a new design direction for the entire suite of T-Mobile branded apps and services. I was appointed as one of three design leads to be locked away and focused on delivering new concepts to be presented at an executive brief to T-Mobile VPS later that month.
- Design language must create a unified experience across all apps
- Inject brand thoughtfully were possible
- Forced to work with the limited brand palette
- Future proof the solution in order to survive pending brand updates
Faced with these challenges we generated a set of core design principles:
- Look for opportunities wherever possible to personalize the experience
- Reinforce brand playfully in happy rewarding "moments"
- Use images and contextual photos to inject color in the limited palette
- Future proof the UI by making it transparent without losing contrast
Designing a transparent flexible design system ( prior to iOS ) was well received but came with some scrutiny. In order to demonstrate the "Glass" UI could be done. I worked privately with an Android expert to build a working configurable prototype that was used during the presentation to our VPs and Stakeholders.
Our director and VPs were thrilled with the direction and we were cleared to move forward in generating a comprehensive style guide.